Saturday 28 April 2012

I didn't get started on anything today as trying to load my Serif Craft Artist cd's back on the laptop after it being at PC world it took ages due to the amount of discs and freebies that you can download.

I have also done a bit of digi scrapbooking before on photoshop but Mum bought the serif craft artist on Create and craft as she thought that this looked easier when she saw a show and thought she would learn this this year as a challenge she had a second copy of the software and gave a copy to me.

Had a play with it and came up with these -

I started off with a template of the page and amended it to suit the photos and added in some extra embellishments and the text, doesn't really take that long to do its a lot of drag and drop with the templates
Also did this one

Thought I'd also share a few few past projects on my blog as well as the new -
My mum and me started our own challenge at the beginning of the year - my dad has been in a nursing home for over a year and mum now on her own on the Wirral so loads of miles between us but we both craft and enjoy scrapbooking and although we have different styles we decided that we would set challenges each month - either something we wanted to try or a scraplift from a magazine and that we would do A4 size so that we could scan a picture to send to the other
I am actually behind (I managed  to do the 2 pages in Jan and have done one of the ones from Feb)

This challenge was to use texture and a scraplift from scrapbook magazine issue 59 pg 34, you cant tell from the picture but the bricks behind the phone are done using texture paste then coloured with distress inks.  This is a really old photo taken in 2000 at conway castle that I thought I would use - it is of my husband and my eldest Macauley (Mak who is now 16!) just thought the brickwork went fab with this
This was a scraplift from the same magazine pg 44, this was to use tags as mum hasn't done this before, this is a lovely photo of Mum and Callum (CJ) my youngest at Llangollen on the walk back to the car after a trip on the train peeking through the trees at the river
This is the one I have done for Feb - this was to use an oversize photo. I have used a photo of CJ as don't have that many of Mak these days (teenagers!!)  was taken when we had that small amount of snow earlier in the year we went sledging in the fields at the back of us.

I will catch up with Mum on this as have enjoyed doing it.  She is very good and up to date she is also managing a weekly scrapbook challenge of a picture a day (like the 365 app you can get on smartphones) and doing a weekly page.

Anyway its later than I thought - have fun what ever your doing to keep out of the rain!!


1 comment:

  1. Great pages Rachel, I got this program too but not used it yet or loaded anything, must get around to doing that.. x

    ReplyDelete